First on the list is the vacant position of Chair of Council. We’re asking all of you to discern a call – your call – to this role. Some details:
- The Council has the general responsibility for leadership in the care and oversight of the spiritual life and the interests of the congregation, including spiritual, financial, pastoral relations and property matters, and other United Church administrative requirements.
- The Chair directs the above and is specifically responsible for working with staff and committee chairs to fulfill the responsibilities and advance the strategic priorities, as approved by the congregation.
- The Chair presides over the monthly Council meetings (September to June), and is an active participant in biweekly meetings with senior leadership.
This is meaningful and connective work for a community of spirit and mission. Interested? Want to hear more? Contact Carole Cooley at email@example.com
Susan Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s a cool task – and very important in this time of separation and isolation.
Here’s what’s involved:
- Upload our worship ppt slides on Saturday or Sunday before worship. You don’t create the content – we do that – simply upload to the livestream system.
- Sunday morning before church: set up the equipment and verify everything is working and properly set to go
- Sunday morning during church–Manage the stream
- Ensure stream is live and being recorded
- Switch Pre-set camera scenes
- Pan/zoom on the activity of worship
- Display slide content
- Sunday morning right after church—pack up the equipment, ensure recording is saved and uploaded to website.