A St. Andrew’s ISANS Collaboration: Welcome Ambassador Program
Join us for a free, 12-hour training program to increase your cultural humility and support more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities for all!
You are welcome to apply if you are a volunteer, service provider, private refugee sponsorship group, government employee, business group, or an interested individual who has lived in Canada for a least 2 years.
COVID is still with us. That said, ISANS, and St. Andrew’s are being mindful of provincial COVID protocols. Thank you for your continued care for each other.
- Attend all four training sessions
- Undertake one Welcome Ambassador activity following the training
- Adhere to the principles of diversity, inclusion, and equity (EDI)
During this training, you will:
- Develop knowledge and awareness about refugee newcomers
- Learn skills to create inclusive, diverse, and welcoming communities
- Connect and network with other Welcome Ambassadors
- Participate actively in making Nova Scotia a more inclusive, diverse, and welcoming province
- Session 1: Thursday, October 28, 2021 (6:00 to 9:00 pm)
- Session 2: Thursday, November 4, 2021 (6:00 to 9:00 pm)
- Session 3: Thursday, November 11, 2021 (6:00 to 9:00 pm)
- Session 4: Thursday, November 18, 2021 (6:00 to 9:00 pm)
- In-person at St. Andrews (Mary Holmes Room)
Applications are due asap: Welcome Ambassador Application Form OCTOBER 2021
For more information, or to apply, please contact: Sherida Hassanali | 902-406-0129 | email@example.com